About the Course
This Employment Law online training course has been developed by employment law specialists. The online course takes students through the employment journey covering key areas of employment law, such as employee status, recruitment, onboarding, working arrangements, leave entitlements, disputes, disciplinaries, and grievance procedures as well as employment terminations and pension regulations.
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Legal Framework covers the background to employment law, how to understand employment status, contract types and responsibilities, access to work schemes, employing young workers, and employing people who have a disability.
- Recruitment and Starting Work covers the responsibilities of employers, HR, and employees during recruitment, shortlisting, interviewing, induction, as well as advertising jobs, discrimination, the right to work, contacting the Home Office, DBS checks, and copying and checking documents.
- Working Arrangements covers all elements of the employment contract including its terms and conditions, probation periods, continuous employment, flexible working, compressed hours, Working Time Regulations, overtime, pay, and pension regulations.
- Leave Entitlements covers annual leave, additional leave entitlements, sickness absence, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity, shared, and adoption leave, Statutory Maternity Pay, unpaid parental leave, and returning to work.
- Disputes, Discipline, and Grievance Procedures covers how to fairly and reasonably solve workplace disputes, grievances, poor performance and capability, and disciplinary issues, serious and gross misconduct, work suspension, best practice for procedures, whistleblowing, and complaints procedures.
- Employment Termination and Pensions covers resignation, redundancy, redundancy pay, wrongful dismissal, unfair dismissal, automatically unfair dismissals, constructive dismissal, tribunals, and includes a series of helpful resources to keep your employment law knowledge up to date.
Who Should Take This Online Course?
This online Employment Law training course has been designed for managers, employers, and members of Human Resources (especially those who are new to HR and its responsibilities) who must be familiar with key areas of employment law.
The Employment Law course is available in easy-to-follow interactive slides, allowing you to study online at your own pace. Test your knowledge after each unit and then take a final assessment to see how much you have learned. You will be required to answer 21 of the 30 questions correctly to pass the course and receive your PDF certificate of completion.
Duration and Time Limit
The course can be completed in approximately 2 – 3 hours and is self-paced so you can study for as long or as little as you wish.
After successful completion of the course you can download your industry recognised certificate.