About the Course
The Health and Safety – Level 1 Course covers vital information for anyone working in the hospitality industry. It will equip you with the knowledge to identify health and safety risks in the workplace and give you an understanding of the various regulations surrounding health, safety and hygiene. Furthermore, you will learn what is meant by manual handling and how to avoid injury while carrying loads, learn about fire prevention and explore the importance of handling hazardous substances correctly.
- Personal hygiene – The importance of good hygiene and how to avoid cross contamination
- Smoking in the workplace and the law
- Workplace temperature and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Food allergies
- Accidents at work and how to avoid them
- Manual handling – Avoiding injury
- Fire – Identifying the causes of fire and steps to prevent fire in the workplace
- Hazardous substances – Different types of hazardous substances and how to control them (COSHH)
- Risk Assessments – How to undertake a detailed risk assessment in the workplace
The course is presented in an interactive slide format, with the content split into short manageable sections. At the end of each section, a summary and Test your Knowledge questions will help reinforce the coursework. Upon completion of the course you will need to complete and pass a multiple-choice assessment in order to receive your fully accredited certificate.
Duration and Time Limit
The course should take between 1 and 2 hours to complete from start to finish, although you can do it at your own pace and whenever it is convenient.
Your Institute of Hospitality endorsed certificate will be made available in PDF format immediately after passing the course.
We only work with the very best
Our training courses are written and managed by hospitality professionals with many years experience in their field. You will be learning from the best and you will come away from your training inspired by mentors who understand your aspirations and requirements.