One of the most popular courses that we offer here at The Training Terminal has to be our Level 2 Food Safety Course. This in-depth course covers a wide variety of areas of food safety and is vital for learning the basics of food hygiene and safety.
Want to know more? Take a read through our guide to this amazing course.
Why take this course?
If you work in catering or hospitality then you need to be legally certified to work with and handle food. This is all due to the regulations from the EU which covers foodstuffs in the food services sector. These regulations state that those who handle or prepare food are sufficiently trained, supervised and instructed in order to ensure that food is properly handled.
What does the course include?
Designed to give relevant training to those who work in bars, cafes, kitchens, takeaways, hospitals, hotels, fast food outlets and even schools. Our course covers a range of important factors of food handling, throughout all stages of food handling. This will minimise food safety hazards and ensures that the food that you serve to your customers is entirely safe to eat.
During the course you will learn about:
- An introduction to food safety- including legal requirements and the consequences of breaking these laws
- Personal hygiene- how personal hygiene is potentially the biggest risk factor in handling food
- Microbiological food hazards and their control- including cross-contamination, bacteria and how to limit the spread
- Other food safety hazards and their control- including allergens, chemical and physical food contamination
- Food handling, storage and preparation- covering safe food storage from the initial stage, right up to serving your customer
- Keeping your workplace clean and hygienic- why it is essential to clean correctly and effectively using a variety of methods
- Design of food premises and the control of pests- how proper design can prevent food contamination and how pests can be controlled too
Our course should take around 2-3 hours to complete, however, there is no time limit and because the course is completely online, your employees can choose to sit it as and when they can. At the end of the course, you will need to take a multiple answer quiz which has a 70% pass rate. If you don’t pass the first time, then you can take it again, there is no limit on the number of times that you can sit the exam.
Why The Training Terminal?
Thinking about taking a Level 2 Food Safety Course? If you are then The Training Terminal is the place to come. We are experts in food and hygiene training and have worked hard to put together the very best course possible. Still not sure? Why not take a look at the many 5 star reviews that we have received from those who have already sat the course and achieved the certification to handle food?
With so many happy customers behind us, it makes sense that we are the place to come to make sure that your staff are properly trained.
Check out our Level 2 Food Safety Course and be sure to register your interest.