About the Course
This course is the perfect introduction to the world of the hotel receptionist, whether you work in a small B&B or a large, multinational chain. The skills, knowledge and expertise that you will learn from this course will teach you everything you need to know about a front of house role, introducing you to the work of a hotel receptionist, what is expected of you and the systems, tools, and processes that you need to carry out your work with confidence and competence. By the end of this training, you should be able to step into any hotel receptionist role and carry out your duties. All in a polished and professional manner, applying the techniques, strategies, and knowledge that you have gained through this course.
The Hotel Receptionist Online Training is divided into six easy to follow modules. Each of which will introduce you to the world of the hotel reception.
- In the first module of the course. You will learn about the personal attributes that are required in a front of house role. More specifically focusing on the key skills, attitudes, and qualities that will be expected of you.
- In the second module of the course. Students will gain an insight into the hotel reception workstation. Ultimately exploring the importance of maintaining an orderly workstation.
- The third module of the training will allow you to learn about the operations of the hotel and the receptionist’s role in everyday operations. As you progress through this module you will develop your hotel knowledge and understanding. Then covering topics such as hotel rating systems and room types.
- The fourth module of the course. This will guide you through the booking process in detail. Teaching you the entire process from welcoming guests and checking them into responding to special requests. Then taking payments and managing the check-out process.
- In the fifth module of the training. You will learn in detail the check-in process and how to make guests feel welcome and well looked after. The material that you study will explain the importance and function of the pre-arrival checklist. Also how rooms are allocated and the various stages in the check-in process.
- The final module of the training. This will focus on the check-out process. Then how you can ensure that guests leave the hotel with a positive impression of the hotel.
Overall, this course is an excellent foundation on which to build your knowledge and skills. Therefore, giving you the skills you need to succeed as a professional hotel receptionist.
All of our hospitality e learning courses are delivered directly online and are self-paced so you can study wherever and whenever. The course material is delivered in short sections covering each of the above units in detail. These are accompanied by a short test at the end of each to reinforce what you have learned. In order to complete the course successfully, you will need to pass 21 out of 30 questions at the end of course assessment.
Duration and Time Limit
This course typically takes approximately 2 – 3 hours to complete although this can vary for each student. Once registered for the course there is no time limit for completion.
Upon completion of your assessment, you can download and print your Institute of Hospitality accredited certificate.
We only work with the very best
Our hospitality industry training courses are written and managed by hospitality professionals. They all have many years of experience in their field. You will be learning from the best and you will come away from your training inspired by mentors who understand your aspirations and requirements.